If, like me, you get those afternoon munchies, Bliss Balls are an absolute essential to add to your repertoire… Once you start making them, you realise it’s so easy to graze on these healthy, crunchy nibbles instead of that Kit Kat…
I have made a variety of different flavours, which I will keep adding to the blog, but these are a favourite of my boyfriend so I have been perfecting them recently! The tangy sweetness is perfect for keeping you clear of those much less nutritious alternatives.
Each little ball has just 5 ingredients, and is totally paleo, gluten-free, refined-sugar free and lactose-free… even better!
- 1 Cup of Macadamia Nuts
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- 4 tbsp Lime Zest
- 6 tbsp Lime juice
- ¾ cup medjool dates
- Large pinch of sea salt
With the above ingredient list featuring unprocessed ingredients and a well balance nutrient profile, you can feel a little better about needing your afternoon treat and giving your body the fuel it needs to carry on your hectic days!
- In a blender (I use a mini magimix which I LOVE) add the dates and blend until they are all broken down and creamy
- Then add in the nuts, half of the coconut, juice, zest and salt, and blitz again.
- Blend until its all smooth and creamy
- On a flat surface sprinkle the rest of the shredded cococnut
- Pick out small amounts of the mixture and roll in to walnut-sized balls, then roll these sticky balls in to the coconut
- You’re done! Pop them in the fridge and snack as required!
Hope you enjoy!
3 thoughts on “**KEY LIME PIE BLISS BALLS**”
These are also my favourite! So ideal for snacking. I take mine to work. Thanks PWPantry!
So pleased you like them James!
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:26:33 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org