These are a gorgeous little gift if you have a friend who has had a baby recently… if nothing else they are an energy boost needed to keep mama going!
- OATS: Contain saponins (an immune-stimulating compound that can help increase levels of prolactin – a key hormone for milk production.)
- BREWERS YEAST: This ingredient is in every Breastfeeding Cookie recipe I came across..! Lots of B vitamins. Tastes sort of bitter so needs balancing out with other flavours.
- FLAXSEED: Contains omega3 & omega6 fatty acids which are essential for developing a baby’s immune system & prevent allergies
- ANTIOXIDANTS: fibre & superfoods in Chia, Coconut, orange.
- 3 TBsp flaxseed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1.5 cups of chopped dark Choc
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mixed goji berries/raisins / dried strawberries etc.
- grated rind of 2 Oranges (& squeeze of a little juice even)
- 2/3 pack of butter / coconut oil
- 1 & 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Brewer’s Yeast
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- Preheat oven to 160’C & Line a tray with baking paper
- Mix flaxseed meal with water in a small bowl and leave to one side for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl mix the butter & sugar til creamed. Add in the flax mixture, egg yolks, vanilla, baking soda, orange grind, salt, and yeast. Mix until combined.
- add in the Flour then Oats.
- Stir in the chocolate, walnuts, orange coconut, and dried fruit etc until evenly mixed.
- 2 TBsp worth of mix into a spoon then press lightly down on the tray
- Bake for 9 minutes. They will seem not ready but will cool and harden on a wire rack.
- Dip into your tea and ENJOY x