You heard me, NICE CREAM, not ice cream. One main ingredient: BANANAS, and you don’t need anything else (except some huge pinches of cinnamon!)
METHOD (for a big batch):
– Chop up 6 bananas, pop them in some Tupperware and freeze for a day or so
– When frozen, take them out and pop in your food blender / magimix. Add a dash (about 1/3 of a cup) of Almond Milk to cream it up a little.
– Turn on blender until you have a smooth cream. You could eat it now but its slightly too runny so I prefer to put it back in the freezer again for a bit.
– Before you do, have a little taste and add a few heaped spoonfuls of cinnamon to spice.
– Back in the freezer for an hour or so then take it out and enjoy…!
In some of my Nice Cream batches, if you’re feeling naughtier, I add flavour with Organic Coffee Powder / Raw Cacao / Peanut Butter / Crushed Pistachios but it’s so delicious without there is no need.
I also like to serve it with a Caramelised Banana just to make it even more like a Banana Sundae.
Simply slice a Banana in half length ways and fry it a hot pan in a bit of Butter or Coconut Oil and a squeeze of Honey/Agave Nectar.
This Banana Nice Cream is such a good way of getting all the good nutrients bananas can offer, without pigging out on a fattening creamy pot of normal ice cream.
Bananas are such an essential source of Potassium which helps regulate blood pressure and heart function, so much so that research by the New England Journal of Medicine suggests eating bananas regularly in your diet can cut your risk of having a stroke by up to 40%.
Look forward to hearing about all your creations and don’t forget to @ me so I can see them all!
PW Pantry x
6 thoughts on “**BANANA NICE-CREAM**”
I have a sore throat and this would help so much!
I hope it helped! feel better soon x
This looks great, I really want to try it!
did you try? weekend treat! x
I love nice cream!! Bananas are so necessary for smoothies and dairy-free ice cream.. Mmmm. Love your caramelized extra touch!