Hummus is so quick and easy to make, and its so nice to be able to offer a homemade addition to any picnics or packed lunches. Simply follow this easy recipe to make your own:
Drain and rinse under the tap a can of chickpeas in your sieve.
Pour them into a magimix with 3 large peeled garlic cloves, 3 heaped tablespoons of tahini, a big glug of extra virgin olive oil, the juice of 1 whole lemon.
Season with Salt, Pepper, Paprika & Cumin if you have it (about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
Then whizz for about 10 seconds until smooth! Test the consistency and add more water if you think needed.
Then you can spice it up with any flavorings you like:
– For this one i added a few sundried tomatoes to whizz in for taste
– Try frying off some pinenuts to sprinkle on top
– Add extra cayenne and make a spicy option
– Cooked Beetroot adds bright pink colour and delicious sweetness
– Sprinkle of Feta & Sesame Seeds on top
Hummus is filled with healthy, wholesome plant-based ingredients. Its is a good source of iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, which are important for those on a vegan diet. Hummus is also a source of antioxidants, fibre, and is has a low GI so it won’t spike your blood sugar. Enjoy! PWPantry x