Probably my favourite banana bread I have ever made – so moist, with a coconut and almond butter twist, PLEASE give it a try! Tips for the gooiest banana bread:
- Use overly ripe, darkening bananas (previously frozen also work) for a moist dense bread and more “banana-ey” flavour.
- Very gently fold wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula for tender texture, not too much mixing.
- Cut large chunks of dark chocolate instead of using chips so you get pockets of warm melty, chocolate chunks instead.
- 3 medium bananas (4 if you want to decorate it)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of Ground Almonds “Almond Flour”
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes / Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips / Chopped up chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or any nut butter you have)
- 3 tablespoons Organic Malt Syrup / Agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- Half a cup of Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Use a fork to mash 3 bananas and put in your mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, syrup and almond butter and mix around.
- Then add your dry ingredients into the mix.
- Finally, fold the chopped up chocolate chunks into the mix.
- Line a rectangle tin with baking paper and pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Chop a banana length ways in half and place on top the batter, pressing in slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Once cooked, cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before cutting – but enjoy hot! Mmmmm
I love seeing your creations so please @pwpantry or tag me. Hope you enjoy! xxx