My PWPantry take on the classic ANZAC biscuit recipe, in honour of ANZAC day today!
Traditional ANZAC biscuits are made with rolled oats, coconut, butter, white flour, white sugar & golden syrup so I have kept the basics but swapped in unrefined organic coconut sugar & ground almond flour instead, and swapped half the butter for coconut oil, as well as some orange zest.
They give the perfect hint of sweetness for your afternoon tea break!
Ingredients: (and any alternatives)
80g Porridge Oats
80g Desiccated Coconut
100g Golden Caster Sugar (I did 1/3 Coconut Sugar)
100g Unsalted butter (Could swap in coconut oil)
4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup (Agave would work)
1 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
120g Plain Flour (I added almond meal for 1/3 instead – Coconut Flour isn’t binding enough for these but any whole meal flour would work)
4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Large Orange (zest of)
- Preheat your oven to 180’c. Line 2 trays with grease proof paper.
- Melt the butter in a low heat pan and add the golden syrup.
- In a separate small bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and mix in 3 tablespoons of hot water. Then add this to the butter mix.
- In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients (flour, late, coconut, grated orange zest, sugar). The make a well in the middle, and slowly add in your hot butter mix.
- Stir it all together slowly.
- Add small heaped tablespoons of mixture into the baking tray, press down lightly then pop into the oven for 10 minutes. Once they are slightly golden brown, take them out to cool. They will stick together more once cool and be a chewy delicious treat!
Enjoy! PWPantry x
2 thoughts on “**ANZAC BISCUITS**”
Littlebrook Cottge, Mid Holmwood Lane
Mid Holmwood, Dorking, Surrey RH5 4HE
m 07796 695258 h 01306 899245
They look really lovely 😊