This is a really simple summer salad of delicious Halloumi and colourful Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables. The Grilled Apricot adds a caramel sweetness, and a really easy lemon & olive oil salad dressing drizzled on top is all you need to compliment the natural flavours.
Halloumi is a cheese originating from Cyprus that has the perfect texture for salads. I always slice it up and fry it with lots of extra virgin olive oil and pureed garlic.
Large bowl of leafy green salad – Lambs Lettuce worked perfectly
Fresh Basil leaves
1 Pack of Halloumi
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Onion
6 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
4 Orange Apricots
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of a Whole Lemon
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and chop up the vegetables into large pieces. You want to keep them quite whole for this one. The aubergine you just slice length ways in to pieces about 1 cm thick.
- Pop them all (except the aubergine) into a large baking tray with the onion, garlic, paprika, chilli flakes, and drizzle with Chilli Olive Oil (if you have) Roast for about 35 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, fry the Aubergine with olive oil and a dash of water every now and again, a few minutes on each side. I always take it off the heat and “dry it out” on kitchen paper to soak the excess oil.
- Chop the Apricot into segments and fry this in Coconut Oil for a few minutes either side.
- Next, cut up the Halloumi and fry in a griddle pan with lots of squeezy garlic puree. Cook it until it starts turning golden brown then flip to the other side.
- Finally! Put the leafy greens and the roasted vegetables on a large salad bowl. Top with the warm Halloumi, the apricot, add the salad dressing, and enjoy while still warm!
PW Pantry x