Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for brain health.
Coconut Flour is gluten free, packed full of dietary fibre and beneficial fats, and the perfect light consistency for swapping in with your usual flour.
Coconut Oil which is ingredient of the moment with all its MCTs and antibacterial properties.
Raisins are known for their Cancer Prevention, with high levels of catechins which are polyphenolic antioxidants in the blood.
1 cup of Coconut Flour
1 cup of Coconut milk or Almond Milk
4 eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
5 tablespoons of Honey or Agave Nectar
1/3 cup of raisins
4 tablespoons Lucy Bee Organic Coconut Oil, melted
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
Pinch of Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 170’C
- In a big bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (Baking Soda, Nutmeg and Coconut Flour)
- Next, add the 4 beaten eggs, coconut milk, slightly melted coconut oil, olive oil, honey and syrup, and vanilla essence)
- Mix it all up, and lastly add the Chia Seeds and Raisins
- Don’t fret if it seems a bit runny, just set it aside for 5 minutes. The coconut flour and chia seeds need a moment to absorb and expand.
- Pour the mixture in to little muffin paper cases, filling about 2/3rds of the way up
- Bake for 20 minutes until they start going golden brown, then take out and cool
- Serve with raspberries and sprinkle of Desiccated Coconut or just as a tasty treat on their own!
This is a delicious recipe giving a healthy twist to a normally naughty treat. The above are Grain Free, No Refined Sugars, and Paleo!
Hope you enjoy! Don’t forget to tag me in all your creations! #PWPantry