Sometimes breakfast is one of the hardest meals to stick to a healthy and nutritious diet, particularly when you’re in a rush to the office and don’t have much time to whip up a full gourmet balanced meal before you head off… To avoid turning to those sugary breakfast cereals at your desk, try making your own homemade granola (as per my previous blog post http://www.bospasa.com/the_wellness_space/article/Home_made_Granola_and_Coconut_Yoghurt) or making these gluten-free, sugar-free, paleo muffins which are perfect for breakfast on the go.
So easy to do, they are also delicious to serve up with a tasty salad as a sort of “healthy quiche” on the weekends.
Ingredients (for 6 muffins):
- Coconut oil (for greasing your tin)
- 6 eggs
- 8 rashers of bacon or pancetta
- Feta / parmesan (optional!)
- Chopped chives
- Chopped chillies
- Sea Salt and Pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 200ºC and then smother your muffin tray in coconut oil so your muffins don’t stick!
Next, line your muffins cups with bacon. I chopped the rashers in half so they were easier to loop around the side and on the bottom. Make sure all the gaps are filled and you make little bacon lined cups.
Pop these in the oven for 5 minutes. Then, now they have started to brown, take them out and break an egg in to each one.
Sprinkle your chives and chillies on each one, as well as the cheese if you are using, and season well.
Place them back in the oven for 15 minutes and bake until the egg looks white. It’s a little trial and error in knowing when to take them out so that the yolk is as runny or hard as you like it, but either way tastes delicious!
You can then spoon them on to a plate and eat hot with salad for lunch, or some steamed spinach for breakfast. Sometimes to change it up, I also pop a bit of spinach or kale in with the eggs before cooking so they are little cupcake omelettes almost.
Alternatively, these will keep for 3 days in the fridge so bring them in Tupperware to work and snack at your desk on these protein filled, healthy little treats!
I hope you enjoy! And if you’re interested, here is a little egg-stra information on eggs for you…
- Both the yolk and the white of eggs are extremely rich in nutrients, high quality proteins, vitamins and minerals, with the yolk also containing cholesterol and essential fatty acids.
- Interestingly, more than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white, along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk.
- Despite years of rumours to the contrary, we don’t need to worry about the cholesterol in eggs! Whilst it is true that eggs do indeed have high cholesterol content, what most people don’t realise is that cholesterol in thediet doesn’t necessarily increase cholesterol in the In fact, in 70% of people, eggs don’t raise cholesterol at all!
- The high protein contents in eggs makes us feel fuller for longer and encourages you to eat less calories through the day, so could help with weight loss efforts.
In summary, Eggs are pretty much the perfect food as they contain a little bit of almost all the keys nutrients our bodies need, so these little breakfast muffins, are a perfect way to start the day!
PW Pantry x
2 thoughts on “** EGG AND BACON PALEO BREAKFAST MUFFINS **”
Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed!
Very helpful info specially the last part 🙂
I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long
time. Thank you and good luck.
Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for
a while and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon till now.
But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain about