BEE POLLEN is becoming more and more popular on the “Health Food Scene”, and here are just a few reasons why:
1) Immune System Booster – It is said that Bee pollen has antibiotic-type properties that can help protect the body from viruses, as well as being great for our intestinal flora which as a result supports the immune system. It is also very rich in antioxidants, which helps protect against the ever present dreaded free radicals.
2) Natural Energy Enhancer – Bee Pollen has a wide range of nutrients in it that gives you a natural energy boost. It is heavy in Vitamin B and protein to help fight off fatigue and help with stamina for those long winter days.
3) Helps Treat Allergies – Bee Pollen is said to reduce the presence of histamine, helping with many allergies, especially hay fever in the summer. It helps a wide range of respiratory issues so worth a try for all asthma and allergy sufferers.
4) Suppresses Cravings – Bee pollen is used holistically for addictions and suppressing impulses and cravings. Helpful for weight management and afternoon snack attack…
5) And finally, Bee Pollen is said to be a fantastic Aphrodisiac!
Although not a recipe, its useful to bear in the mind the above, and simply add a sprinkle on top of your morning porridge or your fresh smoothies….
PW Pantry x